2021 Board of Review COVID-19 Appeal Procedure
Due to State of Michigan restrictions on in-person meetings for governmental units, the following procedure will be in place.
* All appeals will be in either letter or email form accompanied by a petition.
* Petition forms are available at the township office or you can download the petition form.
* The Board of Review will deliberate on submitted appeals via Zoom meeting. See the dates and times of the meetings on our calendar. You can find the Zoom link by clicking on the calendar event.
* Email appeals should be submitted to

The Planning Commission will be having a Special Meeting on March 2, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Click on the event on our calendar to see the Zoom link. 

covidThe Charter Township of Bedford COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan can be reviewed at any of the township buildings as well as by clicking this link: COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan. This plan was approved by the Township Board at the June 11, 2020 Board Meeting.

recycleBedford residents are eligible to use C&C Landfill Recycling Center, located at 14800 P Dr. N in Marshall, at no charge. This service is for recycling only and not general trash. C&C Landfill is open M-F from 7 AM-4:30 PM and Saturday from 7 AM to noon. Residents can stop by the township office to pick up a Program Card which will need to be presented at C&C Landfill at each visit. 

dog licenseWe are no longer selling dog licenses. Licenses are available for purchase at the following locations:
Springfield City Hall - 601 Avenue A, Springfield
Sheriff's Office - 161 E. Michigan Ave, Battle Creek
Calhoun County Treasurer - 315 W. Green St., Marshall
The county is working with local veterinarians to begin selling licenses when the animal is being vaccinated.

pothole - CopyReport a pothole or other non-emergency road problem! The Calhoun County Road Commission has an online form to report a road problem. Issues are prioritized based on the number of complaints received, so be sure to report them.

street light - CopyHave you noticed a street light that is out? Be a good citizen and report the problem to Consumer's Energy. They have been very quick about fixing these issues if they are reported. Thank you!